In March 2011, the Council of Baptist Church Planters asked Herb Taylor to become the Coordinator of Hispanic Ministries. Originally, Herb and his wife, Wanda joined BCP to assist in a Hispanic church plant team in Lorain, OH. However, due to the serious illness of David Whitcher (the former Coordinator of Hispanic Ministries), the council asked Herb to take David’s place and lead the Hispanic ministries.
Herb and his wife have served in the ministry for over 30 years. Herb pastored two churches, Faith Baptist Church in Blanchard, PA and Skyline Baptist Church in Front Royal, VA. In between the two pastorates, the Taylors traveled for 15 years in missionary evangelism, ministering in churches, camps, christian schools and conferences in the United States, Canada and Jamaica.
While serving in Front Royal, VA the Lord began to bring a number of Hispanics to the ministry at Skyline Baptist Church. The Taylors had the privilege to lead several Hispanics to the Lord and as a result, the Lord began to burden their hearts for the growing Hispanic ministry here in the U.S.. In December 2009 Pastor Taylor completed 8 ½ years of ministry at SBC and on January 3, 2010, Skyline Baptist Church in Front Royal, VA commissioned the Taylors to become missionaries with Baptist Church Planters to assist in Hispanic outreach in the United States.
At this point, the Taylors are seeking to:
1) Finish raising their personal financial support. (See their goal and needs on their website at www.herbandwanda.com.) The Taylors were concentrating on raising support and attending language school when their plans changed and Herb took on the additional responsibilities as the Coordinator of Hispanic Ministries.
2) Lead the Hispanic ministries with Baptist Church Planters. This includes working with and encouraging all of the Hispanic missionaries, overseeing the El Ministerio ministry (a dvd series in Spanish used for theological training), recruiting other Hispanic church planters and assisting in Hispanic church plants.
3) Assist in establishing the Hispanic church plant in Lorain, OH. They want to continue with their original plan and still see a church established there. The Lord has graciously brought Orlando and Debbie Collazo to lead the church planting efforts in Lorain and the Taylors wish to help the Collazos as much as they can beginning in the fall of 2012.
Herb and Wanda have a three-fold purpose for “Reaching Hispanics: Our Neighbors”:
1) PLANTING Hispanic bilingual Baptist churches
2) PARTNERING with established churches to help them reach Hispanics in their own backyards
3) PREPARING leaders to work in Hispanic ministries
Herb and Wanda are eager to serve the Lord in this exciting ministry and would be glad to talk with you at anytime in regard to Hispanic Ministries. Feel free to contact them at:
Facebook: Taylor Ministries